Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hello? Is this thing on?

Some relevant information for you, budding readership:

I am music obsessive. That might not be so impressive in itself, but it's a part of me that I'm going to try and express through this blog. As a student at Ohio University, and by extension, a resident of Athens, OH, I'm constantly surrounded by a music scene that has done more than a little to define my experience here. This blog will act as something of a chronicle of my dealings with the music that permeates the Athens community, and I'm hoping to create engaging, informative and in-depth content based on goings-on in the Athens scene. It'll be an experience--for myself, and hopefully for you as well, dear reader.

Full disclosure on some things I'm involved with and will surely be plugging throughout the life of this blog (it's relevant to what I'll be doing here, I swear):

I contribute regularly to the upstart music Web magazine One Thirty BPM. It's run by an ambitious young fellow named Evan Kaloudis, who has done a phenomenal job of expanding the site beyond it's blog origins, and I'm positive it's potential has yet to be fully realized. There's some great writing going on there, and I'm honored and thankful to be a part of it. Check it out. I'll more than likely link to things I've published there every so often.

I'm in a band myself. We call ourselves the Squeaky Chairs Band, and we gig around Athens as much as possible... which at this point extends mostly to open mics and house shows, and one official paid show at Donkey Coffee & Espresso that took place last quarter. We record our own material in our front-man's closet. Really, he's got some awesome equipment in there. Look forward to some posts detailing our experiences in Athens. For a final bit shameless self-promotion, here's our MySpace page.

So, let's make some noise.

-WD

No comments:

Post a Comment

SAY SOMETHING!